Pastoral care is fundamental to Mercy Education and Scoil Bhríde is committed to the care of the whole school community. School Pastoral Care is an approach to education which endeavours to value and develop each member of the school community. It is about nurturing a caring environment in which respect for all is the hallmark.
The Pastoral Care and Discipline system is structured as follows:
- Deputy Principal
- Year Heads
- Class Tutor
- to create an atmosphere of care in which all members of the school community feel valued, cared for and respected.
- to enable students to develop and learn in a secure and caring environment, with on-going monitoring of progress at every level.
- to nurture high quality teaching and learning relationships.
- to offer a Pastoral Care structure which will enable students to receive help,support,advice and encouragement in all area of their growth and development.
- to encourage parents to work with the school in the best interests of the students and to inform the school of any difficulty which may be affecting the student’s life.