The Education Act, 1998 provides for the establishment of Student Councils to provide a representative structure for students to contribute to the school community.
The role of the Student Council is to:
- Enhance communication between students, management, staff and parents
- Promote an environment conducive to educational and personal development
- Promote friendship and respect among students
- Support management and staff in the development of the school
- Represent the views of students on matters of concern to them