Scoil Bhríde provides the full range of wellbeing subjects, Physical Education, SPHE, CSPE, RE, Careers and Guidance.
Structures for support
- Student Support Team
- Tutor and Year Head programme
- School Chaplain
- School Guidance Counsellor
- Links and established relationships with external agencies
- 5th year Mentors
- Transition and Induction programmes
Extra and co-curricular
We provide opportunities for our students to attend to their physical, intellectual, spiritual and emotional wellbeing
- We provide a range of sporting options
- We provide opportunities to develop talent in the arts, music, drama, public speaking, debating, many more
- Healthy eating in our popular school canteen, serving breakfasts, snacks, lunches from a wide and varied menu. Our on-site chef works to provide healthy alternatives in interesting ways.
- Extensive grounds, beautiful walks, green areas, tennis courts, inner courtyard with seating, 2 large gymnasiums. We are currently planning for the construction of all-weather training surface
Mental health, self-esteem, positivity and encouragement underpin all we do in all aspects of school life.
- classroom programmes
- in-school support structures
- visiting experts and organisations, workshops, talks
- ‘Jump-Start January’ A fun week when the girls are encouraged to participate in a variety of experiences to boost their health and wellbeing ranging from dance, exercise, performance, gymnastics, song, mindfulness, comedy, art and craft, many more…..
Emotional and Spiritual development
Our Mercy school ethos is firmly rooted in compassion and kindness.
- Dedicated meditation room
- Sacred, quiet space
- Weekly whole-school assembly
- School services and liturgies at the start of year, November Remembrance, Christmas celebrations, Lenten practices and Easter celebrations, Graduation Night, Mercy Day, St Brigid’s Day….
- John Paul II programme
- Friends in Faith Group
- Cairde Le Cheile
- We welcome all students
- We celebrate diversity, uniqueness, individuality.
- We learn from eachother.
We have a strong environmental group leading us in a green programme for the school. We aim for zero plastic bottles and provide free, clean water from a newly-installed water station.
A Listening School
- Active student council
- Strong and supportive Parents’ Association
- Class prefects and peer mentors
Policy and Governance
- We are proud to be a child-protecting school and we comply with all the child-safeguarding regulations and protocols.
- We say ‘No’ to bullying through policy and through active awareness programmes in school
- We constantly seek to improve our school by following DES initiatives and requirements reflected in our school policies and protocols